Hello lovelies and happy Monday!
If there is one thing I absolutely love, it’s the luxury of a relaxing spa day! However, these outings can be costly affairs with all the hot stone massages, facials, manicures and seaweed wraps etc, so why not have your very own spa day at home?
It can be the perfect way to unwind by yourself on a Sunday afternoon after a stressful week at work or as a festive celebration with the girls for the birthday of a close friend. Either way, your spa day at home is sure to be a mixture of fun, relaxation and ultimate pampering!
Here is a list of potential spa day fun!
- Organise to have at least a couple of hours blocked out and totally free.
- Invite friends over (or go solo).
- Light a scented candle or two.
- Brew some green tea (or pour some champagne).
- Prepare a jug or two of fresh fruit infused water to drink throughout the day.
- Choose some calming background music like this playlist on YouTube.
- Fill the bathtub up for a soak if you’re alone.
- Fill the bathtub up a quarter of the way and pop something pretty and sweet smelling into it. Sit on the edge and dangle your feet in for a mini foot spa.
- Leg waxing (if you have someone who knows what they’re doing)
- Exfoliate your feet with something like this.
- Give yourself or a friend a DIY manicure.
- A pedicure to match those gorgeous nails.
- Pick your favourite colour polish and don’t forget the topcoat.
- Apply a lovely facemask like this one.
- Chop up some cucumber to place on your eyelids while the facemask is on.
- Exfoliate your lips with something sweet like this.
- Moisturise your whole body with your choice of lotion or body butter, I love coconut oil.
- Enjoy some healthy snacks like fresh veggies and dip.
- Take it in turns giving each other relaxing shoulder massages.
- Some light stretching or yoga.
- A few rounds of deep breathing or meditation.
It’s easier than you think! Whether you’re looking forward to a relaxing afternoon on your own or prefer to laugh and enjoy a drink or two with the girls on a weekend away, these DIY home spa ideas are super easy and the best part is that you can let the creative juices flow. If you prefer to make your own beauty products, all the more fun I say!
Do you take the time out to have a spa day at home once in a while? What are your favourite activities or products for the ultimate pampering session? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,