Today I’m excited to share one of my favourite DIY beauty recipes! This citrus body scrub is so easy to make at home and best of all, it won’t break the budget (YAY).
This DIY concoction will exfoliate and moisturise your skin as well as leave it smelling amazing, revitalised and fresh with its natural citrus scent.
I love to make this for myself at home, however, it can make such a gorgeous little gift for friends and family, especially as the festive season quickly approaches.
INGREDIENTS (makes enough for 1 small jar)
- 1 cup of coconut oil (heated in the microwave for 30 seconds)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of natural orange essence
- 1 teaspoon of natural lemon essence
- 1-2 drops of yellow food colouring (optional)
ITEMS YOU’LL NEED
- a medium sized mixing bowl
- a wooden spoon
- a set of measuring spoons (or just the teaspoon)
- a set of measuring cups (or just the 1 cup measurement)
- a small (and cute) air tight jar
- ribbon to decorate
- Simply mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Once mixed, refrigerate for 30 minutes (to allow the coconut oil to solidify once more).
- Remove from the fridge and spoon the mixture into a jar.
- Decorate with ribbon by tying a pretty bow around the rim of the jar.
- Voila! Time to exfoliate or give a gift to a friend.
I’d love to see your very own body scrub creations, so let me know how you go in the comments below (totally unintentional rhyming btw).
If you’d like to see exactly how I made this DIY body scrub, check the link below to a video I made. I had so much fun making it!
Until next time,